Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Charleston

A week before Spring Break my mom proposed a last minute girls trip to any destination. After some discussion with Dillon, who was a little worried about me travelling at 33 weeks, and getting the go-ahead from my doctor, we booked a trip to Charleston, S.C!

Why Charleston? I thought it would be fun to go somewhere we had never been, and knew I did not want to go to some big city or a beach (for obvious reasons), but rather somewhere beautiful and laid back.

I am so glad we went! We flew out on a Tuesday, spent 2 full days there and flew back Friday. The first full day there we went on a walking tour through the historic streets, down to the harbour. We took rickshaws everywhere we went or walked- everything was just a few blocks from our hotel. Of course there was shopping and delicious restraunts. The second day we got massages, pedicures, strolled through the  Market which is a sort of flea market type setting and saw the Aquarium.


My mom gave me back and foot rubs every night, and we were served breakfast in our room each morning. The Inn where we stayed also had tea and desserts every afternoon. One late afternoon after walking around all day, my mom made a comment about me being on my feet for so long. We then went on to discuss that I would still rather be on the trip, walking around because that is much better than being a beached whale (which is what I surely would have been had I stayed in Dallas all week)!

All in all, a fabulous last minute trip.


The Inn/Bed and Breakfast was over 200 years old


Afternoon tea the day we arrived








No comments: