Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thoughts

I have been thinking about the way I live out my life...

I go through the motions every day of waking up, going to work, coming home, running, cooking, catching up with people....

It's all normal to me and I often overlook the fact that I am in the middle of the path that God Himself has put me on. The little things I do, and the more important ones as well, are all part of a plan with a purpose.

As I reflect on that truth, I see more clearly just how much I appreciate the life God has given me. I have married the sweetest husband and we have so much fun together. I love coming home to him. I love that I dreamed in nursing school of being a school nurse and now I have that dream job. I am blessed with a wonderful family and get to see them often. I have a handful of trustworthy friends. We exercise freedom in our lifestyle to travel and have adventures.

Seasons will come and go, and I cannot complain in this place of life. More importantly, I cannot ignore or grow accustomed to the normalcy of where I am at. I know that I may not always see tangible blessings the way I do now and pray that I do not idolize my life, but I am grateful for visible fullfillments of hopes right now.

I have more dreams and desires. I rest knowing that my life is in God's good hand and whatever happens is part of a perfect plan.

'Loving my life' cannot be the goal though. Reaching a place where I am satisfied purely because of all of my physical blessings is like building my house on the sand. It is not eternal. I recognize God's goodness to me now, and know it may not always be so obvious. His word reminds me that God disciplines His children, I will go through trials...

All this to say- God is always working, always in charge and I pray to never forget I am His vessel, on His path- and sometimes He will bless us with even more than we dreamed of~

2 comments:

alli zachry said...

Laura how beautiful! Thank you for sharing your heart, what an encouragement to me!! :)

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Good luck in your race this weekend - I am so proud of and inspired by you!! Love you sweet friend!

MoneyThat said...

I agree with Alli, Laura! : ) Love and miss you! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! I hope we can all have a reunion some day!