Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

What a wonderful week off I had! Last weekend my mom and sister came to town- a nice treat since we didn't get to do Thanksgiving with my family. We shopped, ate and saw New Moon. I spent the rest of my week relaxing and preparing for Turkey Day. This year we celebrated with the Ferguson's in Dallas- Dillon and I made chex mix, sausage balls and a pumpkin pie. I only got a couple of pictures but a good time was had- the weather was sunny so while the food cooked, everyone congregated out front and played washer pit (I hadnt heard of this until I married Dillon, its a fun game!). Here are a few snapshots of the week:






And here is the recipe I use for Sausage Balls, one of my favorite greasy treats
*3 cups Bisquick
*1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
*1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese grated
Mix it all together, shape into small balls and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try those sausage balls- they sound yummy!

Jessica said...

Yum!! I LOVE sausage balls!! Glad ya'll had a great Thanksgiving.