Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love the month of December- the whole month is magical to me. I love the anticipation of being with family, of having a long break from work...love the foods, classic movies, piney cinnamon smells and Christmas music. And I am suprised at how different this season feels to me than it ever has. I literally do not care one iota about anything other than being with those we cherish. I say that not to pride myself--but to reflect on the realization and ponder what has changed in me this year. Certain things have been experienced that have apparently changed my mental framework. We are certainly still exchanging gifts and will enjoy it- but distance and loss have helped me focus on what matters and encouraged me to treasure eternal gifts rather than material ones.

In other news, my family was in town this weekend to celebrate birthdays and run another 5K-
Last week my UIL group competed, 2 out of 3 placed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You love the "anticipation" of being with family. What about actually "being with" family? Is that another topic? haha jk
WSMM