Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year

I'm writing my first post in our new abode (yes, we move in the winter as tradition goes), we now live with my father in law in his beautiful and spacious home. I fear he may not know what he is getting himself into but am very excited about the opportunity!

Christmas and New Years.... more to come in pictures but a quick recap:

Nearly 40 hours in the car total...drove to Midland for 5 nights, attempted to drive back to Dallas but got stuck in a blizzard and spent Christmas Eve in Abilene's La Quinta, drove out Christmas morning and arrived in Dallas for 4 nights, packed, painted, moved, drove back to Midland, drove to Taos, drove back to Midland and then back to Dallas. I am over road trips for the time being!

Highlights:
*Welcoming Katie home from Jordan
*Decorating the Christmas tree
*The above mentioned Christmas Eve adventure with Dillon
*Seeing all my nieces and nephew play together in Dallas
*Getting to hire movers this time
*8 hour car ride with 6 people and 3 dogs (only 2 were in the cab though) to Taos

It was a WONDERFUL break- I loved every moment we spent with our families. I welcome 2010 and all the unknown adventures that await. 2009 was a year of beginnings, family, goodbyes, growth, training, and celebrating just to touch the surface of an overwhelming time period. God has been good and will continue to be good.

(will add pictures soon!)

1 comment:

Wynne Elder said...

laura! so glad you found me on here- I feel like I know you even though we've never met. I love your precious family :) I get to see Mollie often at CBS and we sat right behind your fam at chruch this past week. hope to officially meet you someday & be real friends! have a good day!