Thursday, August 27, 2009

Books and Tramps

I got to "quench a thirst" of mine this summer with all of my free time. I read about 10 books--I LOVE to curl up anywhere with a good book, wether it be laying out in the sun, inside with a blanket or in bed...just not in cars (I get nauseas!). Here are my top picks:




This book made me laugh, made me hungry and kept me interested the whole time...she has quite the story- but be prepared for some language ha!







Divine is a christion inspirational book. Now- let it be known that I don't mind cheesy christian novels, but even if I did mind, I would still like this book. Unlike some of Kingsbury's work, this one is heavy, and purposeful. I read it and felt encouraged to be a light in this dark world.



This last one, Marley and Me, I haven't even finished reading but its so good that it made my top favorite list. The whole book is true, and the stories couldnt have been better if they had been made up. Every night since I started reading it, I have read exerpts to Dillon as we sit in bed because the content is hilarious, and we can so relate to having a naughty embarassing dog!


In honor of Marley, here are some pictures of our devil dogs over the years

Here is Polly back when we were in college, I had prepared dinner for Dillon and I one night, when were just dating, and came in to find her drooling over the chicken...can't blame the poor deprived thing!















This bath was after Polly had a hayday racing through the mud at a friends backyard- notice the brown water!















So...I don't have any pictures proving the ways in which Penny is a menace, but let it be known that Polly is an angel compared to Penny's uncontrollable hyper-freakiness. When we walk Penny, she will choke herself as she plunges ahead, sniffing anxiously all around. If she sees a moving creature of any kind (squirrel, dog, cat, frog, even a leaf) she will scream...if company comes over, more delighted screams. Still working on potty training (most days are good days). But we love her. Here are some favorites:




























And here is a shot of sweet Sunny, the lab that I grew up with.

















Dogs are work. They cost money. They are often too spoiled by their owners. Having said that- they can bring excitement to dull moments, make people feel special when they walk in the door, and are good experience for learning responsibility. With Polly and Penny, they have brought us more laughter than heartache, and more fun than frustration (though its close sometimes hehe) and therefore, we find them to be worthwhile in our lives. Everyone must weigh it for themselves~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are not "devil dogs". They are perfect little angels. Well, almost anyway. Okay, maybe more like fallen angels. And with halos that have been chewed on, slobbered on, broken, bent, and chipped. wsmm