Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hello September!

I survived! It's so nice to have the first 2 weeks of school behind me, knowing a little bit more of what the year will look like...which both calms me and scares me...



I have seen some interesting things so far. I feel like a doctor sometimes because our clinic is always full, and I'm the one to find out what is wrong and treat it...I love the freedom though. It's my clinic and we do things MY way-hehe- as long as I stay inside policy of course =)



Last weekend we went to our usual, good ole Midland. We actually did alot- baseball game, ate out, grilled with all my relatives, dog park...good times! Here are the Mathis sisters in their first musical debut: I give you 'Heart and Soul' Sisters



Here is a picture of a picture; my parents new painting. Since we have lived in this house (almost 15 years now), the area above the fireplace has remained void, for various reasons, mainly the inabilty to find the perfect fit. This summer when my family went to Italy this picture was found while my older sister was walking through the streets of Pasatano one morning, and eventually everyone fell in love with it. I got to see it for the first time this weekend, and love it too. Its a painting of Pasatano, Italy

Something God has been showing me: He is GOOD to me. Easy for me to say, because yes, I am blessed in many ways. But that is not the kind of goodness He has been revealing. He is good because He gives me hope, offers wisdom, and wakes me up in the mornings to meet with Him. I have been directed by His words and found rest in them. I am reminded of the lyrics to this song "The more I seek you The more I find You. The more I find You the more I love You..."

1 comment:

MoneyThat said...

Laura! You're such a good blogger! Love the video and songs. : ) Makes me miss all the Mathis sisters. Love you guys and hope your school nursing continues to go well. I'm sure you're a wonderful school nurse! : )

Sabra