Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cake Ball Woman Rolls Across the Finish Line

(my husband was helping me think of a title for this post-it actually has a nice ring to it! cake balls are a delicious dessert that also happen to be one of my greatest weaknessess)


For my friends and family that read facebook, you already know that I survived the 5k this past Sunday- just barely, it kicked my booty!

It was such a wonderful weekend though. Saturday my parents arrived, picked up my sisters new ride, and from there we ate way to much at Snuffers for lunch. They have amazing cheese fries. That night we walked around Legacy with our dogs, then ate at Fireside Pies. Eating is obviously our favorite activity!

Sunday I woke up at 6am, very nervous and excited. It was freezing outside so that didnt help my nerves. We all rode to the race together, and arrived in time to feel the anticipation in the air- there were several thousand people there and it really helped get me pumped and just "forget about it."

My dad was so sweet and ran my pace the whole race so we could be together, which was near the caboose, but honestly I dont care. Im just so happy that we did this- it was a memory we made, and a goal that I reached. At the end of the race I did feel nauseas, but it was a great feeling to run through the finish line with my mom and Dillon cheering us on, and hear our names announced on the loud speaker. Overall, just a really fun expereince!


3 comments:

Ryan Geyer said...

You asked for your husband's help and he came up with "cake ball?"

He doesn't seem to think too fondly of his wife... If it were me I would have said something like "beauty defies the impossible" - or - "majestic marathon runner, the gorgeous woman who ran on cloud 9."

....That's just me though.

The Newlyweds said...

Hey Laura! Just got your comment - what a small world! Send me an email at langhofflove@gmail.com and I'd love to chat with you!

Anonymous said...

The rest of us "couch potatos" need your cake ball recipe. wsmm