Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shop and Save

Over at Kelly's Korner, she is doing a special on how to save while you shop. I have a few suggestions, some I have tried, others I have just heard of....

*I once heard of a family that would dye their clothes just to change things up for cheap. Sounds fun!

*Ross Dress For Less really does have some super cute things, especially in bigger cities. When we lived in Dumas I could never find stylish clothes in Amarillo but the Ross in Dallas is a treasure!

*I usually have a number in my mind of how much I am willing to spend and stick to it while shopping- it helps keep me under control.

*Borrow from the women in your life! I dont live very close to any of my family but from elementary school through college me and my older sister and I would share clothes. My younger sister has borrowed dresses of mine, and I think we've all borrowed jewlery or shoes from my mom. Free and fun~

*I have never needed to establish this rule (or had enough money to), but I know a girl who tended to shop a little too much so when she got married, they established a daily "allowance" for her. She knew she could either save the money and buy something big or shop for lots of little things. This is more of a funny story than it is a suggestion, thought I would share.


If this post is shallow, Im sorry- I think its a great idea to share money saving tips at times like these =)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are TOO cute!
Those suggestions are great! Thanks for linking!

Martha said...

Great suggestions!
Martha