Monday, February 29, 2016

Indeed Thankful

In motherhood I am coming to see there really are no easy days. A day can be good, wonderful, fun- but rarely easy. Even the best of days require a level of perseverance. Kids (mine anyhow) seem to especially need a little more at precisely the moment I think I have given all that I can.




One summer Dillon and I took the Dumas youth group on a week long backpacking trip through the Ozarks. The challenge was overwhelming. When my boots felt like bricks and my back throbbed, I could not think about the hours and days ahead of me. I simply focused all of my energy into each step I took, one at a time. Every night I would collapse with exhausted euphoria, amazed that I survived the day.

--It's easy to see where I'm headed with this--

Motherhood is like that. 

There is an end goal. To raise a wholehearted child who loves God and others. The path is set before me, and I am equipped with tools for the journey.  Daily I must realign my step and focus on the present trials. Most nights I fall into bed feeling spent, but indeed, thankful.






No comments: