Sunday, April 6, 2014

Preparing for Lee

Dillon and I decided over two years ago (when pregnant with Reese) that one of our favorite boy names was Lee. It is my dad's middle name and we both liked the simplicity of it, as well as the fact that it is a pretty uncommon name. So when we learned that we were expecting a little boy this time, that name came to our mind again. We chose Ehren (pronounced like the more common Aaron) for his middle name, after Dillons middle name.

This pregnancy has been similar in many ways to Reese's. No morning sickness, similar weight gain (unfortunately haha!) and no major complications along the way. However, it has flown by this time! And I have a toddler who kisses my belly frequently. I find myself in these last few days/weeks feeling a little shocked that Lee is almost here. I wanted to document a few things before his big debut.

On March 6th my sweet friends Amanda and Alisha here threw me a shower. My mom flew in for it and stayed through the weekend. It was the sweetest time with some of my close mom friends- we munched on fruit pizza and decorated blocks for Lee. I am so thankful for them and the way that they blessed us and Lee!





My parents have once again given us so much! My mom sewed Lee's curtains and had the sweetest little bear made, and gave us the giraffe art for his room. I love the way it has come together. I can't bring myself to move our green glider out of Reese's room since that is where we read to her each night, but once Lee consistently sleeps in his room at night I will probably make the switch. For now we put in an extra wicker chair we already had. It is so crazy to see a closet full of boy clothing- something tells me I have no idea what is in store with a baby boy!




We are now in the home stretch. I have a few twinges of sadness when I think about the time with just me and Reese ending, but I mostly feel ready and excited for this new chapter to begin! I know we are giving Reese such a gift and I feel she is ready for the change. She already shows such affection towards her little brother, I can't wait to see them grow together.

No comments: