Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 30

It is so amazing how time works. I always thought 9 months sounded like an eternity to carry a baby, but now that I am experiencing it, I can't help but feel that time is moving a little too quickly! That is not to say that I can't WAIT to meet our little girl; I just feel that there are so many books I should be reading to prepare, so much left to do around the house, and a little down time before she comes would be nice too (Spring Break can you please get here!?)

While I know I may not be able to check everything off our to-do list before she comes, I do believe, most importantly, that my heart is prepared. What I mean by that: I am ready to see her face and welcome her to her family. As sleep has become a little less restful, I think about how I am ready to give up sleep to spend time getting to know her. When I have a long day in the clinic, I think about how I am ready to leave the workplace to care for just her. I love the years Dillon and I have had just us two, and feel excited more than anything when I think of entering this new phase of us 'three'.

Do I believe my heart will always feel so joyful and willing to be a mom- probably not- but for these last few weeks, I am relishing in the hopes and dreams that come with pregnancy!

A few pics from around the Ferguson Home:





No comments: