Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's FUN

I must say that being pregnant is actually really fun in my short experience. People- both strangers and friends- will constantly ask me how I am feeling, and want to engage in conversation. Eating for two is easy and enjoyable. My family does an excellent job of taking care of me and Reese through their words and gifts. I am able to literally feel life inside of me moving. And you know that feeling of anticipation that you get when a vacation is coming up?- a similar kind of excitement is always in the back of my mind as we get closer and closer to Reese's arrival. The gift of life ushers in all sorts of unexpected blessings and it is amazing to be a part of it!

{ I want to be sensitive to the fact that many women have difficult pregnancies, but I also feel that so often all you hear are negative comments about these 9 months. For all the women that desire to have children someday, and in respect of those who are currently waiting, I think it is important to talk about the good things because they do outweigh the bad. }

A couple of weeks ago (at 26 weeks) when my sister was in town I decided I wanted Katie and Dillon to help take a few maternity photos. I must confess that I was a little demanding and bossy in the process- but it was still fun! We took these in a pretty area just behind our backyard.











3 comments:

laura jo said...

Cute cute cute pictures!! ...and your husband is hilarious. I also enjoyed talking to strangers during my pregnancy. Oh, and I feel that the blogosphere is the perfect place to share about pregnancy. People can choose to read it or not (unlike the facebook news feed - I'm a little more cautious over there). Anyway, keep the posts a-coming!

Oh, and if you need to chat post-baby, I'm here for you. Those first few weeks are tough, but they get better. :)

Katie said...

you are beautiful. and dillon too. :) and also maybe your photographer. ha!

Cassie said...

I thought pregnancy was pretty fun most of the time, too. I'm so glad your pregnancy has gone well. You're looking great!