Tuesday, November 22, 2011

16 Weeks

Here is a picture of what has been happening to my belly...


I had a few moments this past week that caught me by surprise- it seems that in the mornings my stomach is relatively normal looking but by the end of the day, there is a large bump...Which to me means that the majority of the bump must be fat! I always thought I would embrace my growing belly but it has surprised me that I am a little shy about how large it already is. 

I must say though, that if I am going to be pregnant, this is the best time of year to be! We had a pre-Thanksgiving meal Saturday with our church friends and I showed up in my stretchy maternity pants and ate to my hearts content. I can't wait to chow down in a couple of days on sausage balls, turkey and pies... And after that- Christmas goodies!

Neat moment of the week was at Church on Sunday... We have been going to the new contemporary service since August and the music has been powerful. Well, I read that this week the baby can start to hear so it made worship really special on Sunday! 

Friday we went to the premiere of Twilight with my in-laws... Maybe not the best movie to see when you are with child? It was quite graffic to say the least (Bella gives birth to a vampire baby). It really seems like everywhere I look, Babies! Here is a picture of the 9 pregnant women at my school, in order of due date:


Oh- and the not so funny moment of the week was yesterday. Dillon and I had already discussed with our doctor that we would take a peak at baby at our 16 week appointment and see if we could determine the sex. We knew there was a good chance we wouldn't be able to get a good angle but we were hopeful. Well we arrived to the doctor yesterday and as we were signing in, overheard the secretary talking about the BROKEN sonogram machine... So we didn't get to glimpse anything! I was a little deflated but honestly, cannot complain about such a minor difficulty- we still got to hear the sweet heartbeat and that made it better!


2 comments:

Emily said...

love the pic!

Katie said...

I love the pic too! And I can't wait to see you and celebrate little Fergie with you in person!
love you!
katie