Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter this year was Good.

It was rather simple. I spent the weekend in Midland, like so many other past Easters, and was able to see family and enjoy home cooked meals.

But the reason it was especially good had more to do with my heart. To be honest, I did little this season to prepare for the message of Christ's resurrection. I did not participate in lent, and I skipped church quite a few times to catch up on sleep. But for believers, we cannot escape the power of the truth, and I was unable to avoid being overwhelmed the past few days.

After journeying to Jerusalem I realize I do see things differently. I walked where He did, and I saw where rose. I know a tiny bit more about Him now than I did before the trip, but even the small glimpse into His life has opened my heart and eyes anew to the Son of God. My thoughts this past week were invaded with the memories of the Holy City.

In addition, my heart is sensitive this season to the suffering this year of many close friends. My mind knows that without the risen Savior, there would be no hope for our hearts, no comfort in this dark world. The reality of this caught me off guard the past few days, and has caused deepened praise!



 

No comments: