Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome to Our Retreat


This is our one bedroom- luckily the space isn't too small so we were able to fit all of our furniture in it. The walls were already painted when we moved in, and while I can picture several different colors looking great in there, we decided not to paint any rooms in our condo this time around. The soft yellow is pleasant enough and didn't clash with anything so we got lucky.


Room breakdown: Free down comforter from father-in-law; free plates from sister-in-law; extra pillows from the couch. I like the neutral bedding with the blue plates and blue curtains- it really makes the space cozy and romantic~

My top 3 cozy bedroom tips:

1. Keep it fluffy! Nothing is more inviting than a plush bed with lots of pillows and a soft comforter
2. Keep it clutter-free
3. Use lamps and candles in place of harsh overhead lighting


Dogpile! Even though they each have their own crate- they love to cuddle... or Polly does anyway


I guess she gets it from me =)

3 comments:

MoneyThat said...

very cute! I love decorating! Miss you guys.

Heather said...

Laura, what a beautiful room! I love your bed and the color on the walls!! Gorgeous!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Very pretty! your pups are so cute!