Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week Recap

We had a whirlwind of a week- isn't Fall always this way?

Monday evening the Lions Club put on a banquet for all the school nurses in CFBISD- I got to bring Dillon and we ate a delicious meal cooked by highschool home-ec classes, and were presented with a cute little plaque. It was nice to be recognized!

We got to host our Tuesday night bible study which we love doing now that we have the room to do so in our new place, and our study of 'Crazy Love' is really interesting! This weeks challenge was how to experience God even in the mundane parts of our day, and not just in the rare, special "church camp" moments.

Wednesday Dillon had night class so I spent the evening shopping for a gift for a friend (and maybe a little something for myself too!), cleaning the house and catching up with a couple of friends on the phone. I used to dread Dillon's evening classes but now I see them as an opportunity to indulge in a night to myself to eat whatever I want, watch a chick flick and relax.

Thursday Dillon's friend Jason arrived in town for his bachelor weekend. Unfortunately the boys never took any pictures but I did get a recap- they were out until 3 a.m! They ate at Rosa's, then stayed out at Fox and Hound playing pool, shuffle board etc...

Friday was a busy night for both of us- Dillon hit the town again with the boys- they played at Top Golf, then ate at Humperdinks and ended the night at another pool hall. I had a good time with some girlfriends at the W Hotel- it was super swanky! We ate at Luna de Noche, then ate oreo balls, watched Jaime open gifts, and played fun bachelorette games.

Saturday all the guys left town, and Dillon and I enjoyed the morning at our neighborhood pool. After lunch I had a skype conversation with Katie! Then we headed to our niece and nephew's joint birthday parties with lots of cute kids and too much pizza and cake. We ended the night with Justin and Tasha (in-laws) watching the Tech vs UT game.... not the greatest way to end the day but I'm still rooting for the red raiders.

Today we had an interesting Sunday School. Our pastor preached from John about Jesus feeding the 5,000... he presented a new concept about the message being about community as opposed to the miracle that was performed. There was quite a debate in our class about his message, but we all respected each other even as we disagreed and I was really encouraged to base my faith off of scripture alone and not the ideas of men. Afterwards we watched the Cowboys game with our church friends Carrie and Matt then played 'Are you Smarter Than a 5th grader' on their Wii...I am happy to announce that I beat Dillon in this one =)

God is good in the busy times, and God is good in the quiet times~

No comments: