Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Food-Animals-Graduation

We celebrated our anniversary over a few days- on the actual day May 20th we dined out (thanks to a gift from the Mathis family) at one of Dallas favorites, Cantina Laredo. We rarely eat out on weeknights so it was fun to splurge- I got a margarita and fajitas and wasnt disapoointed!




























Sunday we woke up early and drove to the Ft Worth zoo! Dillon told me the plan on Saturday night (I wanted to know where we were going so I would know wether or not to wash my hair in the morning) (I did not wash it, if you must know).

I had never been to this particular zoo- and being that my family took us to lots growing up, I probably have a higher standard, but I was very impressed. The whole time I kept saying how it felt like we were on an island somewhere (this did not have anything to do with the fact that we were highly anticipating the LOST finale that night)- it was SO green, lots of flowers, rivers throughout.

Since we got there a little after it opened it wasnt super crowded, and being that it was just the two of us, we comfortably walked the whole park in a little under 3 hrs. The monkeys were going crazy- we watched them for quite a while. My second favorite was the tiger relaxing in the river- he looked so content!
(In a few of these the animals are hidden in the background- see if you can find the tiger...the brown ape...and the black money)













































The humidity was probably 100% that day! We escaped before it started feeling too muggy.














Monday evening we attended our nephew Maddoxs preschool graduation- then dined at Pei Wei.



























Aren't they a beautiful family?

I almost forgot- Sunday afternoon Dillon booked us massages! We were thoroughly relaxed by the end of the day and ready for some LOST... we got pizza and ended the night in the theatre room watching the finale to the best TV series of all times. It was a great anniversary weekend~

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Meerkats always make me think of ya'll. I still have that postcard you sent us and I laugh every time I see it! Were they as tiny and cute in real life?

MoneyThat said...

Happy Anniversary! I still remember Dillon telling us he was going to propose when we all returned from China and how we were all offering advice on how. . . : ) Goodtimes. Miss you guys and lots of love!