Sunday, March 7, 2010

Successful Meal

This recipe came from my mom- just like most of my good meals, good books, and good advice~


It was actually very easy but looks so pretty and gourmet...


Huevos Ranchersos


12 corn tortillas


12oz grated pepper jack cheese


4 chili peppers roasted, skinned, finely chopped (I used roasted bell peppers but you could cut out this ingredient it just adds a little flavor)


6 eggs


2 cups guacamole*


2 cups black beans (I ommited these)


2 cups Ranchero sauce (I used pico de gallo)


Sour cream and cilantro


*Guacamole (4 avacodos, with meat removed and in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup choppped cilantro, 1 chopped jalepeno, juice of lime and lemon, tsp salt- mash all with fork)


Toss cheese and chopped pepper together. Divide mixture evenly among 6 tortillas and spread. Place remaining 6 tortillas on top to form 6 sandwiches.


Heat large skillet to medium high heat, place as many tortilla sandwiches as fit and cook about 2 minutes per side until cheese is melted. Remove and keep on plate. Cook eggs as desired (scrambled or fry). While eggs are cooking, spread 1/3 cup of guacamole evently over surface of each tortilla sandwich, then black beans (remember, I didnt do this), then place 1 egg on top. Top each tortilla with Ranchero/pico de gayo, garnish with sour cream and cilantro~

I tweeked the recipe to make just 4- we had 2 each but that was too much, I think 1 per person is plenty since there is lots of protein. We were sad Tom, Dillons dad, wasnt home for this meal but I'll definately make it again soon.




















4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want some more. I want some more.

Emily said...

Dang girl! Those look awesome!

Mrs.D said...

Looks good!

Samantha said...

Looks delicious!