Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Friends and Family

It sure seems like I go to Midland a lot! What can I say- I love being spoiled and have the best family (plus I needed a PollyandPenny fix)! Actually, this time I had a couple of different reasons to go home~

Friday Dillon drove me to work and picked me up so he could take me to dinner before dropping me off at the airport- sadly he decided it would be best to stay in Dallas this time around. We dined at Chipotle then said our goodbyes. At the airport I saw Kay Bailey get off my plane so that was exciting (not because I do or do not support her, I just love seeing famous peeps).

(I would like to add that I see lots (ok only 3 now but its still neat!) of famous politicians- I marched in George Bush’s inaugural parade and Laura Bush waved at me, I ran in Randy Neugabuaer in Lubbock and now K. Hutchinson. I also have a book autographed by Bill O-Reilly).

Anyhow- I arrived on time to Midland and the weekend began. I was really excited to see my dogs but a little nervous too because I have a fear they prefer Midland to Dallas since they receive such royal treatment there. Not to worry, they were so sweet and jumped all around when I arrived- lots of kisses. Dillon kept getting on to me that night because I hadnt sent him a picture of them yet!

Saturday morning I woke up early and got ready for a great day. My high school friends Meredith and Laura were in town too- we met at Laura’s with breakfast goodies (lots of fruit, quiche, muffins). We had originally planned to bring all of the food to our friend Allison’s but ended up visiting her later in the morning. It was SO nice to sit for a few hours and catch up- we are all at different places in life and it was refreshing to share and hear about everything- and laugh alot. Afterwards we headed over to meet baby Grayson- we were all looking forward to it! Allison blew me away, you could tell she is a natural at the whole mothering thing- not to mention she did NOT look like she had just had a baby. Grayson was precious and he did not cry once. It was too short of a morning, but a wonderful one!

My family and I drove to Lubbock around noon to celebrate my Grandad’s birthday. My Gran made a delicious roast, potatos and rolls. I realized I hadn’t seen them since July- far too long! We hung around their house til about 7 that night then headed back to the Tall City with full bellies. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

Sunday we all slept in a bit, mom made muffins (does anybody else out there love to lick the bowl??) and we moseyed around. We grabbed lunch at On The Border, Mollie talked us into ordering these amazing chocolate stuffed sopapillas that were well worth the guilt that followed their consumption. My dad and I were able to talk to Katie on Skype for a few minutes, and then it was off to the airport. I would like to add that the weather in West Texas was beautiful- I could not get enough of the warmth and sunshine that I have so missed in Dallas!




Here is Grandaddy lookin excited for his birthday ;) I love him!















Dillon looked so handsome when he picked me up in his Sunday best that I had to take a picture when we got home~

2 comments:

The Newlyweds said...

Fun! I was in Midland this weekend, too and I actually told Brian something about you while we were driving to Putt-Putt because being in Midland reminded me of you...oh, I know, it's because we drove past Mathis St! It's a wonder we haven't run in to each other yet!

Wynne Elder said...

hey laura! glad you had fun in Midland - so glad you got to meet grayson (isn't he precious!!) and hang out w/ your fam. I saw your mom and mollie sunday and they said I just missed you. I told them I feel like we are friends even though we've never actually met. we need to change that. have a good week!