Monday, August 17, 2009

Life these days

I love fresh beginnings, new goals and changed perspectives....

The start of this school year, for me, almost feels like the start of the new year! As my summer chapter closes, a new chapter is being written. I am still doing school nursing- this year however I will be with a new district closer to our home; its a junior high (one of my favorite grade levels oddly enough), and I will be there 5 days a week, as opposed to being at 2 different elementary schools like last Spring. Dillon helped me paint my clinic this weekend and today I had several people peek in to see it.

My dad (and maybe mom and Dillon) are training again for a 5k...this time we are doing the White Rock lake marathon, which is in December. So awful, but I kinda went on a hiatus after the 5k last April so getting back into my jogging shoes actually hasn't been terrible easy, although I am more in shape now than I was when I started training last time.

My mom is coming in town this weekend and I am SO excited! We are going to the Women of Faith conference on Friday and Saturday. This event looks amazing and I'm looking forward to just hanging out with my sweet momma! She did her thing and managed to get us floor tickets even though online it showed they were sold out- she's good!

Please pray for Dillon and I. This blog may give the illusion that our lives are perfect but just like everyone we have challenges, and right now our challenge is finding the right church. We have tried over 10 churches (all wonderful) in the area- Bible, Baptist, Anglican and Presbyterian....our problem is this: Dillon needs to go to a church that is the denomination that he wants to be as a pastor (he's in seminary and will soon start the ordination process). For several months we were unsure of the direction God was leading us, and at the moment we feel a little clearer vision...but finding a church of that denomination is proving difficult. We are very much ready for a church home, and would appreciate your prayers~

No comments: