Monday, June 22, 2009

Musings...

I officially LOVE being a school nurse. There are several great things about it, the number one (in my opinion) being summer break! When I graduated from nursing school I pretty much knew I didnt want to work in a hospital forever, but I assumed that I would need to start off there. I anticipated long work days, stressful situations, and no more summer...I was wrong! I feel so blessed, because the timing is perfect this year- Dillon only has 1 summer class, and we were both feeling the huge need for a break. Although I've not been resting that much so far (Im babysitting ALOT, and we have lots of little trips planned), its so nice to have a change of pace and some time to catch up on things.
*Disclaimer: I do enjoy working (most days =)) and don't mean to come across as lazy for being so pumped about summer- I am very blessed to have a job in general. I'm just excited that I can have the best of both worlds~



This past weekend we babysat my niece (22 months) and nephew(4 1/2 yrs) while their parents went to L.A. We decided we are NOT ready for kids (not that we were thinking about it), but we did have so much fun playing parents for a few days. We went to Gattiland, the park, library, pool, Petsmart (to look at fish!), and watched movies... cooked, cleaned, bathed, and put to bed. Lunchtime we took them to Chik-fil-A and McDonalds so they could play and we could relax (kinda've). We were exhausted at the end of every day-ha! Some of my favorite moments were when I would go get my niece up in the morning and she would get a huge smile, and when my nephew and Uncle Dillon played with their paper airplanes. Bathtime was equally exciting because it meant bedtime was nearing =). I brought my camera thinking I could take lots of pictures but we were just so busy I really forgot to take pictures until the last night. Here are a couple of cute ones:






5 comments:

beckylbranch said...

I'm sure you LOVE having the summers off! I miss those days so bad! Those are cute pics and I'm sure you are the "coolest" babysitter ever!

Jessica said...

Will y'all babysit for us??? :)

Laura said...

Jessica ANYTIME- seriously =) So we will be in Midland next week and thought it would be great if we could pull off a quick trip to Hobbs one evening...we really want to meet mister Fischer!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh we would LOVE to see ya'll!!!!! We're going to a wedding over the weekend of the fourth, then I'm leaving for spearman that Tuesday, so really the only evening would be monday, the 6th. Does that work for ya'll?? Matt is off that whole day on Monday so ya'll could even make a day of it if you wanted to. Oh, I hope this works out!! We miss ya'll so much!

Jessica said...

yay!! I'm so excited! My number is 575-602-9756 and i think dillon has matt's number, but just in case his is 575-602-1296. We can't wait!!!