Monday, June 1, 2009

Cowtown

So last Friday, to celebrate 3 years of a perfect marriage (hear the sarcasm-haha), we ventured to the Fort Worth Stockyards. Key word- Friday night- yes, we travelled in a parking lot for over 2 hours before we arrived. I took a small nap, we talked, sang to some songs, stared at the traffic, and then we reached our destination.

Dillon took me to H3 Ranch for dinner- after chips and queso, I had grilled shrimp and Dillon enjoyed Prime Ribs- it really was good, I would recommend it. The company was great too.

Funny side story (or annoying, however you view it); as we were walking up to the restraunt, a shady man approached us and handed me a flower arrangement and said, "It's free for the ladies." I assumed he was working for the restraunt and took them innocently, while I noticed Dillon giving me the look. The man jabs his elbow into Dillon and cackles "Free for the ladies, not free for the men!" Dillon is highly annoyed, as he saw it coming, and offers a low payment, while the man explains that he owes TEN dollars for the cheap boquet. Dillon stuffs the money in his hand and we walk into the restraunt. I was a little in shock at how quickly it had all happend, but as we sat down, the more I thought about it, I realized NO, we did not HAVE to take the flowers. I marched back out the door and demanded my money back. I didnt actually demand, but I explained that my husband was upset (I blamed it on him-hehe, but it worked) and he gave us our cash back- I was victorious! Dillon was proud I think. He later explained that he had thought I wanted to flowers so he didnt say anything, and I explained to him that I thought they really were free (I am gullible sometimes).

After dinner we strolled down the main street. There was lots to do (a maze, a museum, shops, bars, dancehalls).

We had originally thought we might go to a dancehall, but I was wearing flip flops so we decided to head back after we had mosied around for a bit, but we both really enjoyed ourselves. (Next time we will try to go when the longhorns walk down the street).

Thanks Dillon for a great night out!

No comments: