Monday, May 4, 2009

One man's trash....

About 2 years ago I went garage saling with 2 friends in Dumas. I LOVE finding a good deal, as I have mentioned. We got up at about 6am, drove in to Amarillo and searched all morning for treasures. I had not found anything by late morning, and as we pulled into one last garage I wasnt feeling hopeful. But- as I walked up the driveway, this caught my eye.

I saw potential. And it was an amazing bargaining price of $25.00! It used to be an old record player. I love antiques even more than I love garage sales- I knew I had to have it! After a little (ok-alot) of time spent sanding and painting, Im very happy with my red friend.

Here was her first home, in Dumas.





Here she is brightening up our apartment here in Dallas.



In the future she may get a new color of paint, but I will definately be keeping her around for a while!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

hi! I found your blog through Rhoda's- you did an amazing job on that! I love seeing people refinish things- adorable!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Laura, that is a really cute piece, love the red! Thanks for playing today.

beckylbranch said...

What a great find! I would have NEVER saw that potential...but it looks AWESOME!

Ryan Geyer the Valiant said...

You have officially enchanted my wife. Now she wants to go dumpster diving, I mean, garage saling with you in hopes of finding a treasure. I hope you're happy with the level of expectation that you've set in her little heart. Will you be there if she falls? I sure hope so...

Totally kidding. Kind of. She's motivated now and wants to go find us somtin'.

Jessica Morris said...

cute! I love the color that you painted it!!

Because of Love said...

Love it! The red is fabulous!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great little piece, Laura! It may not store records anymore, but I'll bet its a helpful storage piece, too.

From Nester's : )

A Thrifted Market said...

Love the red!Great find!! Stop by if you get a chance..I'm a Texas girl myself

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Love it! It looks great in both spots. Really great deal. Just found you through Nester's yard sale party.