Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

Directions: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

(my sweet college friend Catherine tagged me in this). Here goes...

25. I love animals. My best friend Meredith and I started a dog-sitting business in 5th grade, as well as create a Save the Whales club in which we sponsored a real whale. We were not nerds!
24. I love macaroni and cheese and PB&J
23. I have the most wonderful family- its the thing I am most thankful for here on earth
22. My younger sister Mollie and I invented a water game called Papaya many years ago. It involves one person being a papaya tree and the other person has to climb up the tree and grab the papaya...? (I wish I had a picture of this to go along)
21. I did not learn to ride a bike without training wheels until 4th grade. Since then I could probably count on my hand the number of times I have ridden a bike. Im just not athletic!
20. I love to try cooking new meals and create my own recipes. This is both a good and bad thing
19. The physically hardest week of my entire life was this past summer on a backpacking trip in the Ozarks. I learned I can do more than I ever imagined and have gained a new perspective on overcoming hard situations.
18. I LOVE getting a good deal. I usually dont buy clothes or shoes unless they are on sale
17. My favorite memories are of family vacations. One summer we drove from Louisiana to Canada, stopping at D.C, Gettysburg, and Niagra Falls along the way. I think this is the trip that made me forever hate McDonalds. It may also be the trip in which the expression "barfy" was coined.
16. I have a weird fascination with dinosaurs. I loved Land Before Time growing up and still love with Jurassic Park. I sometimes wish it was a true story.
15. I have really great In-Laws!!! And I love being Aunt Laura
14. I used to have a door full of posters of Hanson (maybe I still do). They were the inspiration behind LYLAS, a band that was created by 4 7th grade girls me included
13. I think I liked Junior High more than highschool-weird I know
12. I missed my college graduation day because I was getting married. No regrets =)
11. I moved from Louisiana to Texas when I was 9. My best friend Aimee Claire and I wrote letters all through elementary and highschool and we now keep in touch on facebook. I think thats so neat!
10. I have learned to trust God more everyday over the past 2 years in particular and have found much peace through this.
9. I love to read. I think this is in part because my parents read to us nearly every night when I was little. My mom, sisters and I have pretty similar taste (Dad doesnt like to read novels) so its fun to swap books with them.
8. I rarely have painted nails. I just feel like I clash if I have on red polish and wear a pink shirt or vise versa. And I dont think there is any other color I would try. No black for me.
7. I really enjoy discussing Lost with other Lost fans
6. Traditions are very important
5. I try to incorporate blueberries into my meal at least 3 times per week. Great antioxidants
4. First thing I like to do when I get home from work is take off my shoes and get in my pj's. Even if its before 5 =)
3. There is one activity that I wish I liked. The rest of my family does. I have tried to like it. Horseback riding. Every time, its a terrible experience. Its a strange fear I cant explain.
2. I still miss my first car, a maroon 86 volvo. It was totalled my senior year (my fault).
1. I am one very blessed girl!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I didn't know about the Papaya Game with Mollie! That is SOOO funny!