Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thankful

The first week of little Lee's life, my parents stayed with us and it.was.awesome.

You see, our firstborn is an early riser (a few minutes before 6 a.m is her usual wake up). It just so happens that my dad (Boo) is also an early bird. So every morning, Reese would wake up and Boo would take her. I *almost* wish I had gotten up with them just so I could be a fly on the wall. Apparently they watched 'Strawberry Shortcake' while my dad drank his coffee, or they played tea party in the basement. 

My mom would get up shortly after and Im not entirely sure of everything she took care of, but I know she had the laundry going around the clock, breakfast ready, Reese fed, and the kitchen cleaned up by the time we awoke. Dillon and I got glorious sleep that week that they were here, not rolling out of bed until 8:30 most days. 

They also took care of all the meals (spaghetti, steak, baked chicken mmm) and the most priceless gift of all was that they took Reese out for an activity every day. Reese likes to GO- so thats what they did. They went to Reptile Gardens, Cabellas, Burger King, the mall, Sioux Park, Qdoba, Gymnastics. This gave Dillon and I lots of time to soak up the sweet time with our newborn and not feel overwhelmed. They also helped us take a few family photos- stressful for them I'm sure haha! So thankful!!!

Already excited for their next visit!





No comments: