Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heart of the Home

Winter in South Dakota... Long, Bleak, Cold. I am merely stating facts, not actually complaining (although there has been no shortage of that either, as Dillon can testify to.)

Such living conditions can only mean one thing- especially given the fact that moi is 29 weeks preggo: Mama will be in the kitchen baking. And eating. And since I also live with a toddler, 21 months old to be exact, she is in there with me as well. As she should be! We have the best time together, enjoying these snowy days one (or a dozen) cookie at a time.

One day we divulged in a recipe of my childhood. My mom made these for us growing up and it was always a fun treat. Now that I am older I especially enjoy the simplicity of it. A cheap, easy meal that really is yummy. 

Mini Pizzas
*can of biscuits (any kind will do)
*Pizza/marinara sauce
*Shredded cheese (again, whatever you have. We used mozzarella)
-optional: pepperonis, sausages, veggies etc...

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay out your biscuits, have your toddler mash them flat like a pancake. Spread with a spoonful of sauce. Top with cheese before your daughter eats it all. Bake according to biscuit directions.


We love our mornings together as a family, though they are short. After Reese eats her breakfast she usually mooches more off Dad before he leaves for work. If we are lucky, Dillon will decide to enjoy a cup of coffee before heading out, which means another 10 minutes with him! Reese sure loves her Daddy! We both do!


I really do love our little home. The kitchen/dining room are the heart of our home, where we spend so much time together during this phase of our lives. This small space is ever-evolving, and I am enjoying the 'sunny-ness' is brings, even during such a cold winter. Reese likes to scribble on the chalkboard wall while I cook. I love the view of the pine trees outback while I wash dishes (and every so often, get to see deer running across the hill). And for the loved ones who eat at this table, I am so thankful.


2 comments:

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

What is it about little girls and their daddies?! It makes my heart pitter patter! Love you home...its so sweet and miss you chocolate chip cookies. Praying to visit soon!