Thursday, October 13, 2011

Seasons of Life

Some seasons of life are so busy that it is easy to neglect the things that matter most- sad but so true. Because I know that my friends will always be there I tend to let that be one of the first things to go by the wayside. In that category is my small group- the weekly get together that has been food to my soul for the past few years has been chopped from my schedule this month and replaced with middle school football and volleyball games. And I noticed today after getting off the phone with a dear friend that I hadn't talked to in several weeks that I am not balancing life very well- I am putting all my energies into the things that life requires of me (work!) and neglecting those things that give me life- which equals unbalance!

And because I have been tired and drained so often after work, before yesterday, I hadn't been on a walk with the dogs in over a month- something I used to look forward to and need!

We had a really great break from life this past 3- day weekend and it helped rejuvenate my life. We enjoyed the West Texas pace- saw lots of family and a few friends, ate at some favorite restaurants, cheered on the Red Raiders at Jones stadium, and slept in. It left me looking forward to the next break, but it also gave me the energy I need to make it until then.

While I do love my work and love coaching, I need to devote even more into those things that matter to my heart. I shouldn't starve myself of the delights of friendships, phone calls, cooking, reading, walking- especially  when I consider the fact that those things often point me to Christ as I find my joy in them.

Enough about that!

Some Fall Decor:





My mom on their festive porch!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! i love all the decorations in your home!
katie

Cassie said...

We enjoyed getting to see you guys! Hope all is well.