Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful

I am very joyful today! God's promises in his word are coming to life before me. His ways are higher and better, and when I embrace the road He has put me on, it becomes a perfect path. When difficulties come, His faithfulness becomes the only thing that remains and I see that I am OK with that. He has revealed the following verse to me this week- first in our Sunday message, then again in an email from a co-worker, and then this morning the verse/flashcard fell out of a book I was reading. It is appropriate for this week~

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
-Phil. 4:6

Coming up are lots of things to be joyful for-

*Family coming in town this weekend
*Dillons last weekend class
*New Moon!
*Thanksgiving break (a whole WEEK)

And looking back at the past few weeks here are things I am thankful for-

*Being calm in the stressful work situation (a student had a seizure yesterday)
*Family Worship/my encouraging husband
*The perfect housing opportunity (details to come...)
*Family, friends, church and the ways God has orchestrated timing to enjoy all of them.


Sidenote and picture: One of our families favorite traditions has been Thanksgiving in the Texas Hill Country- my grandparents used to live on a small farm in Marble Falls, on Black Friday we would go in to Fredricksburg for eating/shopping, and that night we would always stop in Johnson City for their courthouse lighting and fair- SO many good memories over the years. This year we will all be doing seperate things- obviously we miss Katie, she is celebrating in Jordan with friends. Dillon and I will be staying in Dallas, and the rest of my family is going to Ruidoso. I think we are all at peace about the situation, knowing that we will all be together in a month but I will miss this great tradition!




This is one of our favorite stores in Fr-burg.





Carriage ride around Johnson City (Dillon hates this picture but I think he is still cute!)






On the "farm" at Gran and Grandaddy's (2006

No comments: