Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Week Long Celebration

Dillon always jokes that April is his birthday month so we should celebrate the whole month long- usually I roll my eyes but this year we actually did stretch out the festivities~



Last Saturday we had our friends Ryan and Emily over for Spicy Shrimp per Dillons request. This meal can be found on Pioneer Womans website- I made it for the first time about 2 years ago and it quickly became one of Dillons favorites...just be aware that a stick of butter and tons of salt go into this dish! We treated ourselves to frozen yogurt then watched a VERY manly movie (Law Abiding Citizen)- good times with good friends.



On Tuesday night our small group met at Babes in Frisco. It felt like we were in West Texas again! We had never eaten there- it's homestyle cooking (fried chicken, chicken fried steak, bisquits&honey, mashed potatoes, corn) and we really enjoyed the time with the group. Dillon did the chicken dance -and really got into it I might add- and the night was complete.



On his birthday we celebrated with family at Justin and Tasha's- it was a really nice night so we ate on their patio as the sun was setting and drank wine. Dillon had his cookie cake and I broke my sugar/dessert fast... I thought I was going to want to eat the whole thing but I did pretty good with a medium size piece (and then another right before bed).



Since we don't have a working camera at the time, here is a picture our friend took at Babes (that's Dillon with sparkle hair getting his groove on)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy late birthday Dillon!! Glad ya'll are having a fun month celebrating! We miss ya'll!!