Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Receive

One of the things that I am always telling Reese is "You could never know how much I love you!" - usually followed by a series of squeezes and kisses and probably a little too much stimuli but I can't help it, I just can't.

I really believe, hope and pray that actually, someday she will know. That is one of my highest challenges. It seems that I am embarking on a journey in which it may take years or decades before this end goal is reached... such a daunting thought. So I take it day by day. Today, I will show her I love her by letting her splash a little bit longer in the tub, even though I need to shower too. I'll show her my love by setting down my iphone and pulling her in my lap for a bit of storytime. I'll be intentional with her schedule, meals and hygiene.

Someday my love will look different. It may come in the form of a backrub, or in the form of a consequence. It won't always "feel" so fun or natural. But I will never stop trying to show her my love. It is impossible, it seems, for me not to show her.

I hope that she is able to receive my love and be inspired, take courage, and serve with joy. I hope she can receive my love and experience and receive Christ's love for her tenfold. I hope she can learn to love, by receiving my love.


No comments: